Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cindy is 60!


In addition to being Labor Day, yesterday was also my dear mother’s 60th birthday.  About a month ago, my sister and I decided that since it was a “big one,” we should have a little birthday party for her.  We were a little last minute throwing everything together, but it all turned out wonderfully.  Friday afternoon I headed out of Jackson with my mom’s favorite, petit fours, from Campbell’s Bakery.  I was concerned that the delicacies might get melty in this extreme southern heat, so I had my car’s air conditioner on full blast for most of the four hour car ride.  I must have looked like an idiot to the cars I went past while wearing long sleeves and pants when it was 95 degrees outside!  But the petit fours arrived perfectly and were a big hit at the party, so it was worth it.
Emily did a great job of putting together an I Love Lucy themed party.  My mom has always loved Lucy, and we grew up watching all those old episodes.  My dad got barbeque and grilled burgers and hotdogs, and Sam… well, Sam watched football and filled the cooler with ice and drinks ha.
Several of my parents’ friends came over, as well as some other family members.  My mom (and the rest of us) had a wonderful time eating, talking, and laughing.  Lucky the pet deer even made an appearance, much to the delight of the kids in attendance!  
September 2nd is apparently a pretty popular birth date.  It was also my future mother-in-law Julie’s birthday.  After a Labor Day of pretty much nothing but laziness, we went over to her house and grilled out last night.  I’m so grateful to have these two special ladies in my life and it was fun to celebrate them this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment